If you have ever used the the Electrical Â Engineer Library included with Visio, you will quickly learn just how crappy it is. Symbols do not align to the grid, they contain long connectors, and the shapes are just plain unprofessional. Â I believe the example image shown in Fig. 1 clearly explains my point. The circuit library I have been slowly building as a result could be useful to ECE students and practicing engineers. Â If you are a student and your department is part of the Microsoft Development Network (MSDN), which most are, you can get Visio for free.
Fig.1 Why Visio Library Sucks
The advantages of the PitelSPOT Electrical Shape Library and the PitelSPOT Engineering Template are:
- Symbols align to a 0.1″ Â grid. This grid work great for those small double column articles required in IEEE journals and conference papers.
- The Engineering Template will setup the grids and snaps Â for you. To use, go to File=> New=> New Drawing from Template=> then select PitelSPOTEngineeringTemplate.vst.
- Symbols are minimal. Use the connector tool to join shapes.
The presently supported shapes are shown in Fig. 2.
Fig. 2. List of Included Electrical Symbols
- 06-17-09: FREE DOWNLOAD: PitelSPOT Engineering Template for Visio Version 1.0
- 06-17-09: FREE DOWNLOAD: PitelSPOT Electrical Â Shapes for Visio Version 1.0
TheÂ dowloads listed are for free. If Â there is a symbol missing, make your request in the comments below. Bribes/gratitude in the form of donationsÂ are welcomed via theÂ Paypal link below.
| Digg it | RawSugar | Reddit | Slashdot | Y! MyWeb
- None Found